A project manager is accountable for planning multiple client projects at a given time and making sure they are successfully accomplished on time and within budget. This also includes supporting the Account, Media and Creative teams in accomplishing their tasks for the project. The project manager must have excellent organizational skills and attentiveness to detail with the ability to switch from managing the internal team to handling client-facing tasks if needed. Great communication skills and the ability to easily adapt to changing circumstances are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop concrete, detailed plans for the project, including timeline, production authorizations, purchase orders, etc., as well as identify project goals and oversee the entirety of the project to ensure it adheres to standards set for a successful campaign.
- Monitor work efforts, assign resources, delegate tasks and report progress to senior managers.
- Cross-functionally collaborate with Account, Media and Creative teams to manage project workflows and help ensure all parties have the information needed through company processes and software to keep projects on track.
- Assist in managing more than one project at a time; make sure all projects are meeting timing and budget requirements, track progress and easily adapt to timeline and budget changes with efficiency.
- Involved in deliverable trafficking for each project. Includes working with Media department to identify deliverables throughout project, gathering specs, understanding specs and details to report to creative team, proofing and trafficking final deliverables to Media department to meet launch dates.
- Monitor and identify risks, blockers and open issues that may interfere with campaign success or workload efficiency.
- Understand client business goals and ensure their achievement.
- Lead the process of maintaining daily and weekly prioritization and workloads with the team while working closely with other project managers to understand creative team task loads across campaigns and clients.
- Assist in creative reviews to help proof and ensure adherence to specs, design standards, and sources-of-truth.
- Aim to improve project administration processes by identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions.
- Responsible for assisting Senior Project Manager in closing out jobs once complete – may include billing, archiving, management of licensing tracking documents, etc.
- Maintain, research and help develop various vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Project management experience or agency industry knowledge.
- Agile, quick-thinking multi-tasker who can pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting expectations and client goals.
- A true team player who is also proactive and independent; someone who’s not afraid to jump in and tackle a new assignment, no matter how challenging or unfamiliar.